Dean’s Sport and Leisure will ensure all membership arrangements are protected until the centre reopens again.
All members who currently pay by direct debit will have their payments frozen with immediate effect and these payments will remain frozen until Deans reopens. Due to November payments having already been processed prior to the announcement, we will place your direct debt on freeze and the payment will be carried forward to cover December.
All annual members will have any days lost during the closure period added back on to their annual entitlement. Members do not need to do anything as this will be organised by Deans.
Deans would like to take this opportunity to thank its members for their continued support during these difficult times. Please keep safe and look after each other.
The aim for this document is to detail clear communication to our users of what Covid-19 measures are in place and what to expect when you return to our centre.
It is also the aim of this document to provide reassurance to our users of the planning and preparation that has gone on behind the scenes to enable us to welcome our users back safely. We want to this moment to thank you all for your patience and loyal support.
Deans opening hours
Monday-Friday 06.30 – 21.00
Saturday 08.30 – 17.30
Sunday 08.30 – 15.30
What activities are now available and how are they being managed
- The gym and racquet sports are available to book along with a full fitness class timetable – with further guidance relating to our spa, pool and sauna to follow.
- We will limit customer flow in each of our activity areas in order to maintain social distancing. One-hour training slots will be made available to book via phone or online up to 7 days in advance
- Booking slots will be available for members only at this stage, this will be kept under review
- Three sessions per week can be booked per person. This will possibly be increased once we see how the booking trend develops
- After each one-hour slot there will be a 15-minute window allocated for cleaning time. This will prevent unnecessary cross over of people entering and exiting the gym
- Gym equipment will be spaced two metres apart where possible and some equipment may be temporarily place out of use in order to maintain social distancing. Some equipment may be grouped together to form a cluster. Only one person can train within a cluster at any one time
- All Equipment has a 20-minute time cap. This is to ensure a fair opportunity for all members to use equipment during their one-hour slot
- Each member upon entering the gym will be issued with a sanitizer spray bottle. Each member will be responsible for ensuring they clean down their equipment before and after use
- Our class timetable will be reduced initially along with Class sizes in order to maintain social distancing, a full clean down of the area will take place after each class. Where outside facilities exist, classes will be taken outdoors in the fresh air
- Members will not be allowed to move from one activity to another during their one-hour slot (for example, to go in to the gym then on to a class
- Members must arrive on time for their one-hour slot (not early) to prevent congregating
- Changing rooms and showers are strictly prohibited. Members must arrive changed and ready to train and must go home immediately once their one-hour time slot is over
- Water fountains will not be in use and members must bring their own, filled, water bottle
- All members upon arrival must check in at reception and follow the designated one way system signage
- Deans staff will be on duty in the gym to support members and ensure the rules are being adhered to
- Deans will operate a one way entrance and exit with the entrance being to the side of the building.
- We are creating work out areas with two metres in-between each person
- We are limiting capacity in our fitness suite and class numbers in order to maintain social distancing
- We have introduced plastic screens for our reception and gym reception areas to protect both members and staff
- We ask members and staff to remain two metres apart where possible
- We are using signage; floor markings and poster pull outs to help maintain social distancing
- We have created a one-way system through the centre and staff will be on hand to offer support where needed.
Cleanliness and Hygiene
- We have enhanced our cleaning regime across the entire centre
- We have increased sanitisation stations and they will be installed at the entrance and exit points. We ask all members to ensure they wipe down equipment before and after use
- Social distancing must be exercised at all times
- We have allowed extra time in-between gym slot and classes to allow for full clean downs to take place
- All Deans staff have completed Covid-19 training to ensure clear understanding of what is required to run our centre safety
- Deans staff will be washing their hands before shift, after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout shifts
- Social distancing rules apply to all Dean’s staff as well as our members
- All direct debits have automatically been frozen whilst the facility is closed.
- Annual memberships will be extended by the number of months the facility has been closed.
- When the centre reopens we will communicate this via Facebook at least seven days before.
- Updates on any changes will be communicated via social media.
Members planning to visit our centre, please keep the following in mind
- Please do not visit our centre if you feel unwell
- Wash hands frequently
- Let us know if you or anyone in your household develops Covid-19
- Wipe down all equipment before and after use
- Do not remove any cleaning materials from the centre
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices
- Feedback to us directly if you have any questions or queries
We look forward to welcoming you back to Deans!